Cyrnos

In 1894, Empress Eugénie decided to have constructed one of the most beautiful villa of Cap Martin on the Côte d’Azur. She named it Villa Cyrnos and created a semi-desert, mineral, contrasted and fragrant garden. Pines, the Cap’s typical trees, were planted as well as olive and fig trees. In this magnificent garden, the Empress welcomed the great names of an aging, nostalgic European aristocracy but also avant-garde artists and intellectuals.